Secondly I have been thinking about how I select what to write about and updating the rules I use. Going forward this may mean slightly fewer postings, but hopefully about better quality events. Although the rules are not rigid I will mostly be obeying the following:
- The event must be either UK-based or international in nature
- I will not cover anything medical, literary, social welfare-related, or to do with schools; nor will I cover music festivals.
- And I will not cover anything overtly commercial. (Some events are run by companies as a cover for marketing, eg. National Shed Week, and will not be covered. Sponsorship is fine but the event needs to be independent of a single commercial entity.)
- The event must have a functional and useful website, to which people can be referred for further information. (I've found that far too many don't!)
- The event has to engage my interest in some way, however marginal.
And I'm open to suggestions as to what to include.