23 December 2012

Reasons to be Grateful: 58

So has week 58 of the experiment been better than the previous one? Well it could hardly have been a lot worse. I'm definitely recovering, though not yet recovered. But just getting back to normal has brought it's own enjoyments this week, especially eating properly again ...
  1. Doctor Taking the Trouble to Call Me! By Monday morning I was beginning to feel human again and was about to phone the doctor's to see if they had the results of my urine test. When lo and behold by GP rang me: yes, the test confirmed I had a bladder infection and could I collect a prescription for some antibiotics. Half an hour later she rings me again: she has my flash drive, which contained a presentation I had given to a local NHS meeting 10 days earlier and which I'd forgotten to pick up afterwards. Neither of those calls was expected, and I'm sure most GPs wouldn't have bothered but let me do the chasing around. This is how the NHS should work! Brilliant!

  2. Beaujolais Nouveau. After over a week without alcohol it was so wonderful to enjoy a bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau again. We're getting towards the end of this year's supply, so make the most of it!

  3. Perle RougeRed Beaujolais "Champagne". Yes, you did read that correctly! Red Beaujolais made in the style (same method) of Champagne. It's Perle Rouge brought from Nick Dobson Wines. I'm not sure it quite works for me, but we maybe didn't chill it enough. On this showing I'd prefer a normal Beaujolais or a sharp Champagne. But it was a very interesting thing to try and we have another bottle for a second tasting. Definitely worth trying!

  4. Special Roast Lamb. No more here about this as I wrote about it yesterday. And we have the cold cut for tonight! (The remains of the joint are visible in the photo behind my wineglass.)

  5. Pinner Royal Sausages. I've mentioned the award winning sausages from our favourite butchers (Hilton's in Pinner) before. They were especially welcome and pleasing this week after a long run of sub-normal food.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're feeling better and I agree that's the way the NHS should work and all too often doesn't. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete