- Fast Internet. We had our internet upgraded this week from the about 4meg we used to get from Be to about 70meg via an FTTC feed from BT. (For reasons I won't go into here our phones are tied to BT, so BT turned out to be the best overall option.) Surprisingly at the end of this we should not be paying more over a year for all our telecomms than before. BT have (so far) done what they said they would and done it pretty efficiently, whereas Be have been all over the floor getting my account closed down.
- Rubbish going to the Tip. One day earlier in the week our friend Tom took two car loads of toot — largely outpourings from the loft — to our local tip (above) for us. And they reckon to recycle over 95% of everything they take in; and they take everything. We've a lot more to go, but it's a another big dent in the job!
- Boursin in Salad. I can't remember which evening it was that we had smoked chicken salad, which is always good. But as I was preparing it I remembered we had half a Boursin (cream cheese with garlic & herbs) in the fridge which had been open a couple of days. So I added this to the salad. It was messy to break up and it softened with the vinegar and olive oil dressing; it was quite rich, but my did it taste good!
- Cherries. Thanks to Noreen's shopping exploits I've had several lots of cherries this week. Yum!
- Germs that Go Away when Told. Last night at bedtime I was feeling decidedly "Meh", depressed and cold-y with a cracking headache. I don't want this so I dropped myself into an almost self-hypnotic state of invincibility and told the "germs" (or whatever they were) to bugger off before morning. This doesn't always work for me, but this time it did. Much to my astonishment and delight.
08 July 2012
Reasons to be Grateful: 34
Experiment, week 34. Another week, another selection in my continuing experiment in documenting five things which have made me happy or for which I'm grateful this week.