But the whoe week has been very Meh, at best — grey, wet, windy, not very warm and generally crap. In fact it's been so Meh one wonders how to find 5 good things to highlight!
- The Experiment Continues. Yes, that is worth mentioning because we are now halfway through the 60 weeks I set out for this experiment to last. Overall over the last year I do seem to be less depressed -- I keep a very qualitative track of my mood (just on a scale of +3 to -3) and I'm definitely having more good days than I was. How much this experiment is the cause, or the hypnotherapy, or something else, I have no idea. I'm just glad things are better than they were; it'll be good if we can keep the upward trend.
- Waking up with a Pussy. Several mornings this week I've awoken with Harry the Cat sleeping by my head. And there's nothing like a warm furry pussy first thing in the morning. Maybe this should count as two ticks?
- Smoked Chicken. I'm sure I've said this one before, but Waitrose do smoked chicken breasts, and they aren't any more expensive that ordinary cold roast chicken. They usually have quite long "use by" dates so we often have a couple in the fridge as a stand-by so we can throw together a quick, and very yummy salad if ever we decide we don't want to cook. Especially good with an olive oil and lemon dressing.
Click the image for larger version
- Sunshine. There's been so little sunshine this week that the few odd spells of sun and blue sky we've had have been so very welcome.
- Peonies & Sunflowers (photo above, which sorry I also used yesterday!). We bought these from Waitrose on Friday. They're magnificent! They're in a handmade pottery jug by Dave Brown of Merriott, Somerset (which we bought from the man himself some 30-ish years ago). Don't they look very "Dutch flower painting"!