- Summer Weather. Finally summer arrived with a bang this week. We've not just had almost wall-to-wall sunshine but it has been hot as well. Even though it has been unusually, and at times uncomfortably, hot, I'd much rather have it like this than the drab, coldness of winter.
- Short Trustee Meetings. On Tuesday evening we had the 2-monthly meeting (by audioconference) of the Anthony Powell Society. Amazingly we finished the meeting in 40 minutes which was a result; often the meeting last and hour and a half!
- Samsung Galaxy S2. During the week I got a new mobile phone, and finally succumbed to a smartphone. Because at the moment I'm doing a photographic project which entails a lot of driving around central London on a Sunday morning I figured that something with satnav would be a good investment. And so it proved this morning trying to navigate the back-streets of Soho and Covent Garden! It's almost paid for itself already! And I have to say it is a most impressive piece of technology (except for the power consumption which is frightening with the GPS on).
- Lamb Sag Madras. Well I can't let a week go by without at least one foodie item! On Saturday evening I made a rather good Lamb Sag Madras served with Mrs Marshall's Very Lemony Rice. Yummy, it was!
- Kensington Gardens. As part of the aforementioned photographic project I was walking through Kensington Gardens before 8AM this morning. It was already getting warm, but it was still delightfully fresh and great to have the grass under ones feet. Even at that our on a Sunday there were joggers, dog walkers and skateboarders everywhere! And swans (above) on the Round Pond.
27 May 2012
Reasons to be Grateful: 28
Experiment, week 28. Another week in my continuing experiment in documenting five things which have made me happy or for which I'm grateful this week. So this week we have ...