- Orchids. I know I keep saying orchids, but every time I go in the bedroom, where they reside on the windowsill, I can't get how amazing they are!
- Home Baked Ham. I'm sure I've said this before too. Last weekend we had a joint of smoked collar bacon — much more character to it than gammon and cheaper too — as long as you can get large joints! (See here.) Noreen did her usual bake it in huff pastry and then glazed it with spicy tomato chutney. Definitely yummy!
- Pasta with Seafood. This was a variant on my Pasta with Bacon or Prawns dish on Friday evening. This time with a bag of mixed seafood, cherry tomatoes and lime. Another yummy tea!
- Oriental Tree. Then last night we went out with our friends Sue & Ziggy (and their boys) to their local Chinese, the Oriental Tree in Northfields Avenue, West Ealing (see here for my earlier review-ette). The Oriental Tree is essentially Chinese with an admixture of bits of Thai and Vietnamese. The food is to die for! Especially the gorgeous succulent prawn dishes, the Chilli Shredded Beef. Luckily for our waistlines it isn't on our doorstep otherwise we'd be in there several nights a week!
- English Asparagus. This was today's treat! We have just eaten roast chicken with steamed new potatoes, steamed English asparagus and mushroom sauce. Yeah, I know it sounds dull, but it wasn't — I love asparagus!
20 May 2012
Reasons to be Grateful: 27
Experiment, week 27. Well here we are; another week another selection in my continuing experiment in documenting five things which have made me happy or for which I'm grateful this week. It's mostly been a repetitive and foodie week, again ...