- Sunshine. Yeah, I said it last week and I'll say it again! This has been such a dismal week, weatherwise, that I've really appreciated the few odd spells of sunshine we've had.
- Lunch with Friends. On Thursday we had a flying visit to Portsmouth to have lunch with some friends and ex-colleagues. (We were going to make a good day out of it and look round Portsmouth Dockyard. But who wants to do that in the pouring rain?) So we settled for just having a most enjoyable lunch at The Chimes. This is the restaurant run by the Hospitality and Catering Department of Portsmouth Highbury College. As Pam, who booked it, said: the food is always excellent but the service can be interesting. And to be fair the service was somewhat hesitant and lacking confidence — but then the students were obviously learning and we all have to start somewhere! As to the food ...
- Rack of Lamb. ... Yep I had a rack of lamb at the The Chimes. And yes, it was excellent. Beautifully cooked; really tender; and full of flavour. All in all the food really couldn't be faulted; everyone enjoyed it. And it was ridiculously cheap.
- Lamb Curry. Lamb again, only this time my own lamb curry early in the week.
- Raspberries & Clotted Cream. More food; and eaten at home. We should have been going to dinner with friends last night but Sue was ill. And as we'd promised to take pudding we had a quantity of raspberries and clotted cream to devour for tea! Followed by strawberries for breakfast today. Yum!
29 April 2012
Reasons to be Grateful: 24
Experiment, week 24. Continuing the experiment here are this week's five things which have made me happy or for which I'm grateful.