I've just been looking at some of the photographs from the royal wedding so here are a few thoughts. Links to the photos where possible — the first few are from BBC News (you'll have to page through the BBC sets). There are duplicate/alternative pictures in some of the sets. So ...
- Why are we allowed an illegal number plate?
- Kate does look rather good, although she could do with a little more flesh on her (not a lot, just a few of pounds) — bet the bloody royal machine has been making her diet like they did all the other recent brides.
- As has been commented elsewhere, sister Pippa had the nicer frock. And apparently Prince Hal spent a lot of the time making eyes at her — sensible boy!
- For a pair of trained military men neither of the princes can stand up straight. Both deserve a dressing down from their Drill Sergeants.
- Whoever thought it a good idea to let the Princess Royal out looking like Widow Twanky's char lady on a day out?
- How does David Beckham come to look like the young Clint Eastwood? And WTF is Mistress Beckham wearing on her feet?
And now for a few (more) of the guests from BBC News ...
- What a frightful pink coat!
- Another of Beckham looking like a Hollywood cowboy.
- Oh dear, Elton! Which side of the bed did we get out of?
- Rowan Atkinson as Greek shipping magnate.
- Blimey what an unflattering picture of a bump.
- Ah, Mistress Beckham's twin sister lookalike (aka. Tara P_T) in electric blue.
- Thought Sam Cameron looked rather stylish, unlike Mrs Clegg's hat.
- I like Prince Felipe of Spain's naval frock coat.
And these few from The British Monarchy's official photostream on Flickr ...
- Can't believe the amount of gold frogging etc. Prince Hal has on his uniform, especially compared with his brother.
- An interesting set of "grannies".
- And here's another of Widow Twanky's char lady.
- WTF do the Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice look like?
- That cake looks more like a bloody fountain!
- But, finally, I do like the McVitie's Chocolate Biscuit Cake!